Karomed has more than 30 years experience in both the Acute and Community sectors and offer a wide range of specialist pressure care products and services to meet patient and carer needs.
In response to NHS drives to improve patient care with cost effective products and service and reduce the incidence of patients developing pressure ulcers during treatment, Karomed sells and rents pressure reducing equipment in both hospital and community sectors, encompassing:
In addition, Karomed offer a range of complementary services including:
Karomed’s strengths include being able to offer tailored products and services to meet specific requirements, together with equipment that presents superior value for money – being reliable, clinically effective and supported by a high level of customer service.
By maintaining its high level of service to existing customers and extending its range of products and services within the community sector Karomed aims to continue this level of growth.
Karomed supply reliable and clinically effective products as well as support services that are prompt, professional, unobtrusive and dependable.
In October 2006 Karomed joined forces with Teasdale Hospital Equipment to offer an even wider range of solutions to their customers.
Teasdales have been manufacturing hospital equipment for over 30 years and specialise in the manufacture of theatre and pressure care equipment as well as product development. Karomed and Teasdale remain privately owned, are ISO9001:14001 compliant, and
continue to invest in British manufacturing.
With more than 20 years experience, Karomed specialise in supplying both the NHS and Private sectors of healthcare, with a wide range of CE marked pressure care products as well as support services to meet the majority of patient and carer needs. Karomed’s equipment and service are well known and much used in the UK and they are experienced at managing large hospital and community contracts as well as operating a high quality national rental service 24 hours per day, 365 days per year.
Karomed are committed to reducing their carbon footprint and encourage all employees to support this initiateve. All their products are British made with the majority manufactured at their Stockport factory. All vehicles are fitted with a tracking system to ensure a prompt service whilst minimising fuel consumption.
We are proud of our charity work over the years, and of the funds that we have raised for organisations that we are passionate about.
Every November, our team attends the ‘Children With Cancer’ charity event in London. We donate 5 Transair Mattress Replacements to the auction. The successful bidders get to place their mattress in a hospice of their choice which is arranged and paid for by us. Each mattress raises £5,000 for the charity, and so far we have raised a massive £525,000!
We also enjoy raising money for the wonderful work and support that the McMillan nurses provide at our coffee morning each year.
Karomed accepts its responsibilities in environmental matters and recognises that good environmental management must be an integral and fundamental part of our business. An Environmental Management System was established to the specification outlined in the international standard BS EN ISO 14001:2004 to minimise the impact on the environment.
Although we believe that we have a minimal impact on the environment, Karomed here aims to continually improve its environmental performance by:
• Complying with the requirements of all relevant environmental legislation.
• Assessing the environmental effects of all business operations in relation to decontamination and disposal of mattresses and the manufacture and testing of pumps.
• Raise awareness, encourage participation and train employees to gain an understanding of all relevant environmental aspects and impacts.
• Expecting similar environmental standards from all suppliers and contractors.
• Actively promoting recycling of the Dynamic Mattresses and Pumps through reusing working parts when at the end of the products life. This is communicated internally to our staff and externally to our customers and suppliers.
• Conserving natural resources through increased energy efficiency with the Pump units, and better water management through recycling or incineration.
• Managing waste and avoiding the use of hazardous substances.
• Preventing and reducing pollution by implementing efficient controls on waste water and landfill.
• Making our Environmental Policy publicly available to interested parties.
• Continually seeking to improve environmental performance which is reviewed at regular Management Meetings.
• Monitoring progress and review performance annually.
Delivering our operational plans within this policy will enable Karomed to develop sustainable practices and deliver meaningful contributions to the quality of our environment.